Thursday, January 19, 2012

Didn't See That One Coming

I have a deaf mother.

It is not bad at all.

For one, I can have a conversation with her in a crowded room (Make note: She reads lips, she doesn't sign)

Two: I can listen to music really loud when we're in the car.

I like loud music.

Not so loud that its really obnoxious to other drivers or pedestrians, but loud enough that you can feel the beat.

Imagine my surprise, though, when we were at a stoplight and my Mom says, “What is this?”

And I know she can't mean the music because, well, she's deaf.

So I reply very eloquently with: “huh?”

The music, I like the beat. What is it?”

Feeling mildly perplexed, I answer, “Uh, You Give Love a Bad Name”

Who sings it?”

Bon Jovi...?”

Ah! That explains it. I knew it didn't feel like country”


Yep, my Momma has super powers. She can distinguish genres by their beat.


...Jealous?

No comments:

Post a Comment